Wednesday 5 September 2012

Welcome to USM

Welcome medical students to the 2012/2013 Academic Session.

I have not met anyone yet. I met some of the dental students in the cafeteria at Desa Murni.

I was busy editing my second book for publication this year. I have just finished that earlier this week. The 2 books that I have written this year are:

  1. Research on the Early Malay Doctors 1900-1957 Malaya and Singapore.
  2. Biography of the Early Malay Doctors 1900-1957 Malaya and Singapore.
You can follow the blog here: http://theearlymalaydoctors.blogspot.com/

I have a lecture next week on "History of Medicine". You can read up anything on that topic. There will not be any students' presentations this year. This is the second time that the academic session begins in September, just after Merdeka. As such we lose 1 day and that is the day for the students' presentations on History of Medicine. Since there will not be any students' presentations this year, it makes this lecture topic very dull. It used to be the best lecture in first year medicine and students really enjoyed their presentations. I enjoyed them too.

I haven't prepared anything much for next week's lecture as I still prefer to have the students' presentation. 

0 comments: