Sunday 28 November 2010

Prayer of a Muslim Doctor


PRAYER OF A MUSLIM DOCTOR


In the name of Allah, the Magnificent, the Merciful


I swear by Allah, Most High

To regard Allah in carrying out my Profession

To protect Human life in all stages and under all circumstances

by doing my utmost deed

to rescue my patients from death, malady, pain and anxiety

To be all the way an instrument of Allah’s Mercy

in extending my medical care to near and far,

virtuous and sinner, friend and foe.

I promise to uphold my Profession

in keeping abreast in the various disciplines that I’ve been trained

I will consult my teachers, colleagues and learn from my patients

I will always remain a learner for as long as I live

For Allah is forever All-Knowing.

Amin, Amin, Ya Rabbal A’lamin



Faridah Abdul Rashid
6 January 2009

Modified from source:
School of Medical Sciences
Universiti Sains Malaysia, Health Campus
16150 Kubang Kerian, Kelantan, Malaysia

0 comments: