Thursday 22 March 2012

SGD: Acid-Base Homeostasis, Fluid & Electrolyte Balance and Potassium Metabolism

I had finished my SGD when 2 students approached me and asked who was their SGD tutor. I asked them which group and they said Group 7. That time I didn't have this info (below) with me. I could not take them as I was already tired teaching my group but I asked the 2 girls to get in touch with the students in my group.

Next time ask the Block Coordinator for the names of tutors for all the groups, or ask Pejabat Akademik before the SGD. I have informed Pejabat Akademik that students must be informed of who their tutors are and this info should be printed on the time-table. For Phase 2, if they can print PBL tutors' names + Groups + Room #s, why can't they do the same for Year 1 SGDs?

This is the info that the Block Coordinator e-mailed to the lecturers (tutors) but the students were not informed for which they did not know who was taking them for SGD. I am not in-charge but I regret that your SGD tutor failed to show up for class.


from: Dr. Iskandar Zulkarnain Alias iskandarza@kb.usm.my
to: "A.Rashid, Faridah" <faridahar@gmail.com>,
 "Aini, Suzana" <ainiszn@kck.usm.my>,
 "Swamy, Dr" <mswamy@kb.usm.my>,
 soriani <soriani@kb.usm.my>,
 sirajuden <sirajuden@kb.usm.my>,
 "Julia, Omar" <julia@kb.usm.my>,
 "Hasnan, Nordin" <hans@kb.usm.my>,
 "Mar, Dr" <winmar@kb.usm.my>,
 "Iskandar, ZA" <iskandarza@kb.usm.my>
date: Sun, Mar 18, 2012 at 12:09 PM
subject: SGD Groups



Salam and good morning,


Here is a new grouping system for Chempath SGD provided by Academic.


SGD GROUPS YEAR 1 MEDICAL STUDENTS 2011/12. There are 18 groups totally.


1.      GROUP 1A & 1B – JOM
2.      GROUP 2A & 2B  – NSY
3.      GROUP 3A & 3B  – FAR
4.      GROUP 4A & 4B – KNSS
5.      GROUP 5A & 5B – IZA
6.      GROUP 6A & 6B – WMK
7.      GROUP 7A & 7B – HN
8.      GROUP 8A & 8B – MS
9.      GROUP 9A & 9B - ASA


Thank you
Dr. Iskandar ZA.

0 comments: