Tuesday 13 September 2011

Introduction to the History of Medicine (Part 2)

Date: 13 September 2011
Venue: Dewan Kuliah 4, School of Medical Sciences, Universiti Sains Malaysia, Kubang Kerian, Kelantan, Malaysia
Students: Year 1 Medicine USM (230) + Year 1 Dentistry USM (60) + Year 1 KLE Program (30)

We had 6 groups: Group 1, Group 2, Group 3a, Group 3b, Group 3c and Group 4

Here are some photos of the students.

Chinese students taking a  close look at miswak and a small ceremonial gift from the old Silk Road (route). They could read the Chinese note on the gift pack which was written in Mandarin.
Fauzan (left) is Year 1 Student Leader this year
One of the groups preparing its PPT


I walked up to see the other students who were not actively involved this morning. Interesting features today were the colourful clothes, water-bottles, handphones and laptops. I think some of the boys forgot that they must wear long sleeves and a neck tie. Generally, they looked happy to be in first year Medicine. Here are their photos.

I might have given him a tasbih from Masjid Hudaibiyah
We have wonderful Indian students this year
Top most row of students in the lecture hall

2 comments:

Unknown said...

assalamualaikum, Prof Faridah. I'm a student of yours from the school of dental Year 1. i really enjoyed your class...thanks for uploading the pictures. Didnt expect you to upload ALL of them...haha...

Faridah said...

Dear Ema,
Wa'alaikumussalam. I'm glad you enjoyed my class. That's all the precious photos I have. I will retire the same year all of you graduate, so these photos mean a lot to me.