Tuesday 14 March 2017

Technical report

A. Hits

The # of hits for this website on 14 March 2017 is 445,458. This is good for a website that has been in existence for 7 years.


B. "404" Error Code

I also received a message from Google Analytics that there are errors in this website, which returned Increase in "404" on searches or search links. This means that the link-to pages, images or objects have been removed, omitted or deleted.

                   Increase in “404” pages on http://medicinenewbie.blogspot.com/

I have downloaded from Google Analytics, a list of this website searches that returned "404" and I will try and remedy that.


C. I have not added AMP (Accelerated Mobile Pages) to this website. Will work on this.


D. I have redirected this website to https to make it more secure.


E. Feedback

For those who wrote comments, thank you for your kind effort.

For those who liked this website as the images loaded very fast, I also want to thank you for even noticing it. I have picked and used a template that loads images very fast. These templates come free and anyone can use them. I have only tried one sample of these fast templates for this website. They don't look nice as they are meant for speed - ie, fast loading.

However, the images also loaded doubly fast as I have converted the original high resolution images to web images for even faster loading. To do this, I have used Zoner Photo Studio version 15. However, Zoner has updated their software to version 18, which also has the photo optimization for web images, but has removed other useful features such as annotation etc, which I particularly liked. As many useful features have been removed from recent versions, I am unable to annotate images/photos after version 15.

The photos/images that I have used in this website are mostly my own. The rest are from various Internet pages and I have indicated their sources in the caption, or somewhere on the respective pages.

If there are topics that you would like to see at this website, you can email to me and I will see what I can do. This website is meant for general reading and knowledge, with some relevance to medicine and health. It does not provide medical advice and patients must depend on their doctors' advice.

This website is meant for those who want to search for new things, review old things, and maybe also look into health issues about the future of things. I write on topics which people tend to overlook, but I think are important to our health. Medical students may find the pages useful. Parents may get some ideas about what we teach at the university in this digital era.

I cannot advocate the use of traditional medicine (herbs, herbals and herbal medicine) on this website, but I provide information about them here for general knowledge. There is more information from the Ministry of Health Malaysia web pages and individual websites. I taught about them long ago, but just for ethical consideration in our Ethics & Behavioural Science Block.

Faridah
14 March 2017

0 comments: