Thursday 5 September 2013

Ice-creams

Ice-cream is still the best medicine. For a long time, nobody knew how to cure coughs and cold, till ice-cream was invented. 

In coughs and colds, and now with influenza, ice-cream is still the best medicine.

Ice-cream was a taboo in my village when someone was sick. I remember from my childhood days, ice-cream was struck off the list when I had fever. When I was a little bigger, I went for ice-cream as the only cure for fever, coughs and cold. It works wonderfully and I recovered in the most amazing way. When I lived in California, I made sure I had ice-cream daily or weekly when I had time to go for it. So, I am all for ice-cream.

I remember during the Hajj pilgrimage, many pilgrims were coughing and some had sputum. I went for ice-creams and kept myself healthy for an extra 2 weeks before I caught a cold from sharing a cramped hotel room with 7 other ladies.

What ice-cream flavours are useful? Lime ices with vanilla milk ice-cream inside are good for hot days. Any vanilla-flavoured ice-cream calms the mind and body. Chocolate & nuts-coated external shell with vanilla milk ice-cream inside is good for stressful conditions. A small light ice-cream is good when touring or walking about under the hot sun - it replaces water loss from perspiration and dulls the hunger pang. For weekends and more relaxed moments, any nuts & berries coffee ice-creams will do some good. Family reunions must have ice-cream to cheer everyone - it is positive psychology.

https://flipboard.com/section/gelato---ice-cream---ice-pops---sorbet---yogurt
http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/eats/7-questions-pastry-chef


0 comments: