Thursday 22 August 2013

Losing Weight

STEP 1

Since my gallbladder problem, I went on an 'alkaline residue' drink daily. If I can find a lemon, I add a drop of lemon juice to my drink. If I have green salad, I add lots of lemon juice and salty black olives in addition to salad greens and tomatoes. I take very little rice to avoid feeling too full after lunch or dinner. I can go without rice - I get a lot of problems with rice. I snack on some meruku and walnuts after my usual breakfast meal (I have to force myself to eat these dried stuff) so I won't feel hungry for at least 4 hours. I can go up to 6 hours without food but I try to stop work and take a drink every now and then or else I don't have urine.

STEP 2

I recently drank something nice in Penang and asked for the recipe. It is a nutmeg drink which I like. I add some fresh juice from belimbing besi, some pure nutmeg juice, bottled honey, sugar and lots of cold water. It is difficult to dissolve honey in this mixture. I have to stir it for a long time for the honey to dissolve. Even if the honey is dissolved, the drink is still not sweet. I then add 1-2 tablespoonful of granulated white sugar. The sweetness adds to palatability. It looks like vomitus! I keep it cold in the refrigerator to let the sediment sink and not look like vomitus. I take a sip or two every now and then. I don't feel hunger or pain.

STEP 3

I'm trying to lose 10 kg. I am starting on RealDose today, which I ordered from the Internet via Amazon.com. I mixed approx. 1 tablespoonful of dried RealDose strawberry flavoured powder with a cup of cold water. It doesn't mix well in cold water at all - indicating low or nil levels of phospholipids, a necessary emulsifier in all instant drinks. I mixed it by stirring hard with a plastic spoon - it didn't all dissolve, and looked ugly, quite uninviting. I drank and partly choked on it. I then washed down the residue remaining in the cup and consumed that too. All is well and I am still all right.

STEP 4

I eat less chicken curry, less roti Benggali, less spaghetti, less cakes, less Raya biscuits, and none of the good stuff. I try not to enter the kitchen between meals unless I have to do some cooking for my family - I only cook dinner. I don't have the big tummy I had before. My tummy has reduced in size and doesn't look like a balloon anymore. I can see my own navel.

STEP 5

My HOD said to cut down on oily foods. But I showed her the Hari Raya table in front of us contained the best oily foods! She shrugged.

STEP 6

I weighed myself on 26 August 2013; I am now 74 kg (totally overweight and becoming obese if I don't do something). I fasted one month for Ramadan and took my olive oil softgels as described on the MinSyam package. I gained approx. 4 kg after taking 15 packs of this olive oil @ 1 softgel at breakfast. I still need to work on the inflammatory factors; I'm itching from whatever I ate - seafood! I use a stem cell cream to overcome itchiness, even a mosquito bite.

STEP 7

I weighed myself on 19 September 2013; I am now 75.5 kg. I feel very heavy and it is very difficult to balance myself when I stand or when I walk. My tummy bulges so big like I ma 12 months pregnant when I am not. The Indian lady at Cameron Higlands also asked if I wanted a pregnant mother's dress or T-shirt because she thought I was pregnant. I told her I was not pregnant but fat. I have become fat for reasons of overeating. I am really fat and heavy now. My legs swell when I sit or stand too long. I feel comfortable on an empty stomach but feel terrible after eating; so I eat a little instead of overeat at a single main meal. The RealDose is no good - I have stopped taking it and forgotten about it altogether. I changed my diet and drank more fluids - mostly ginger tea and blended belimbing buloh juice minus sugar. I learned to cook a quick vegetable dish made of brinjals (terung), potatoes (ubi kentang) and greens (daun keloh, small sayur sawi or daun cekak manis). I add tomatoes or carrots when they are available. I saute or fry the sliced garlic, shallots and a big onion for added fiber, and so that the vegetables become palatable. I then add the potatoes and brinjals and cook them till they are brown and softened a bit. I then add salt, soy sauce and tomato. I take the vegetables with rice and fish or a piece of chicken, so I have proteins. I can last 5-6 hours in between meals. I take fluids every few minutes so I remain hydrated. This is a bit difficult because I don't take fluids in my office when I am at work.

0 comments: