Saturday 1 October 2011

Acid-Base Imbalance

My lecture to Year 2 MD is tomorrow at 11.30am-12.30pm in DK3. I have prepared my PPT but I may need to re-do some of the slides tonight.

Last year I submitted an exam question on acid-base imbalance and that went into Professional 2/2011 exam (that was what the Block Coordinator informed me).

I again submitted the same question last week for this academic year 2011/2012, but I was told by the Block Coordinator to change it a bit as it maybe taken for either Selanjar 1 or Professional 2 exam. Because of this I have to re-engineer some of the slides so the emphasis is now on skills and data interpretation rather than a mere theoretical lecture.

It is not easy to engineer exam quesitons and teach the right skills in a 1-hour lecture. Some students get lost in my lecture. Some students go blank after my lecture. Some students can't make out head or tail from my lecture notes (printed notes).

How skillful students become actually depends on how frequent they try out their skills at data interpretation. And interpreting blood gas results is a desirous skill. I will teach you a bit but you will need to practise. You can Google acid-base questions and try them yourself.

Prof Faridah

0 comments: